The most noticeable change will be a complete reorganization of our web infrastructure. eXtreme is making a new CMS and it is mostly completed, and we will abandon or replace some web tools we are using:
- Website - a new website with new content organization that will ease the access to project information and materials.
- Version control system - last year, we migrated from Subversion to Git thanks to Github service. However, our network infrastructure still does not reflect this change. We are going to finish the migration, and introduce the new, successful and well-tested workflow. We expect it will shorten the development time and allow to improve our software quality.
- Bugtracker - we are rather certain that Flyspray will be abandoned. Two alternatives are taken under concern: another bugtracking software or simply using Github for this purpose, as we have already moved the repositories there.
- Discussion board - it is going to stay, perhaps with the same software.
- Blog - not decided yet.
- Wiki - to be removed.
- SVN repositories - to be removed.
- Documentation repository - will be extended and improved.
The next scheduled change is introduction of the new working schemes, and software quality standards. My vision is to ensure that every project released by Invenzzia Group follows the unified, well-designed rules that guarantee a good and flexible design. We will put even more attention on proper testing and documentation, so that no piece of software will be released without these elements. The development cycle is going to become more regular, and shorter. New major versions are expected to appear approximately every 6 months.
And finally, the projects... what do we keep, what do we abandon? The new base family of projects will include:
- Trinity Framework - a web framework for PHP 5.3+ with innovative MVC architecture implementation. Contrary to the existing frameworks which rather follow many of the MVC pattern derivatives, Trinity is based on the original implementation without any modifications except those necessary for the web environment adaptation. It is currently being developed by me as an experimental framework on Github.
- Open Power Libs 3 - the new edition of our Open Power Libs foundation, redesigned from scratch.
- TypeFriendly Documentation System - the project is going to go through a great redesign in order to make it even better and more attractive for programmers interested in writing their own documentation. eXtreme will become the new project leader.
In addition, two new libraries are expected to appear:
- Yii Framework MongoDB Driver
- Native PHP Git Library
Stay tuned, as this is not over. It's the beginning.