Open Power Template 2
A few minutes ago, I have commited a quite big revision, an effect of four coding days. In this time I solved a number of problems:
- I decided to reimplement the whole section handling code from scratch, because the old one had a significant problem with handling custom section attributes that I was unable to fix with the old design. The new code is much cleaner, simpler and seems to be more stable. To check it, I wrote more that 20 new unit tests to check various edge conditions and integration with other instructions. From the end-user side, you should see no difference and the old code should be still 100% functionable.
- At the same time, I finally cleaned and "standarized" the data format structure. The definitions of the five default data formats have been improved, too. There is a small change that could break the backward compatibility - the "Generic" format has been renamed to "Array" to reflect its real nature. Unless you declared the use of this format explicitly, your code should still work.
- Another, quite big part of PHP code was equipped with phpdoc and more comments. If you are using a good IDE, like NetBeans or Eclipse PDT, they should show you the complex information about much wider variety of OPT methods.
- A number of bugs was fixed.
Significant improvements have been applied to the user manual, too. The API reference was moved to the bottom and the more practical chapters were exposed. I decided to create a new section, "Programmer's guide" that aims to be a complete guide over OPT API issues and its practical usage. It incorporated the old "API issues" chapter. The currently written parts show us, how to start and explain:
- The initialization process.
- Using views.
- Using output systems.
- Exception and error handling
- Data formats
- HTML escaping.
The user manual can be read here.
A week ago, Invenzzia has released TypeFriendly 0.1.1 with a number of bugfixes found since the first release. Currently, we are focusing on TypeFriendly 0.2 and we will try to release it much sooner :).
New Invenzzia Website
Finally, we are almost ready to launch our brand new website and replace the current temporary one. Yesterday, eXtreme ran it experimentally on our server and now tests it and implements the last remaining features. The website is equipped with a new design and logo (you can already see it on our wiki). It improves the navigation a lot and shows much more useful stuff to the visitors. I hope we will see it online in the next few days.
OPT on Ohloh.net
A few days ago, I created the profile of "Open Power Template 2" on Ohloh.net website. Currently, you can find there some links, a journal of the recent works and the code statistics. We encourage everyone that have an accoun on Ohloh and use OPT to track this project and vote for it :).